Retreat Terms & Conditions
Please find below our terms and conditions for joining us on any of our retreats. Please read them carefully and do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
Our positive attitude policy
We do everything we can to make your retreat experience a positive one. Living on nothing but fresh juice and evening soup for 7 days can have its challenges and small things, like bad weather and going through a detox, can effect people negatively. By mid week the vast majority of people have got through any ‘detox’ symptoms and begin to feel the benefits of a juicing detox. Clearly this is an unusual ‘holiday’ and it will have its challenges at times. If you arrive with an open and positive mind the experience will be an enjoyable one.
Monte Bay Retreat Cancellation/Refund Policy
We highly recommend trip cancellation and personal insurance for all clients. This must be bought independently as it is not included in the retreat price. If for whatever reason you need to cancel your retreat place after you have booked with us, the following refund policy will apply:
- All cancellations must be received in writing.
- Each deposit paid (standard rate of £400.00), is a non-refundable registration fee.
- Full refunds, less the standard deposit rate of £400 will be provided on cancellations, up to 90 days prior to the start date of the booked retreat.
- A 50% refund will be provided on cancellations between 60-89 days prior to the start date of the booked retreat.
- A 30% refund will be provided on cancellations between 30-59 days prior to the start date of the booked retreat.
- No refund will be provided on cancellation between 29-0 days prior to the start date of the booked retreat
- No refund will be provided for premature leaving of the retreat or failure to arrive at the retreat for any reason.
- All retreat payments are due 30 days prior to start date unless otherwise specified. Clients whose balances are not received by the 30-day deadline, risk forfeiting their retreat booking.
- Split payments (deposits and all instalments) will incur a 4 % surcharge to be added per transaction.
- Use of credit or debit cards will not incur a surcharge if payments are cleared in full at the time of booking.
Making and Confirming Your Booking
Rooms are limited on our beautiful retreats and there are many possible room configurations. If in the very unlikely event the place has been double booked we can offer to move you to another week or refund the full amount. On receiving the confirmation email from our team, there will be full details of flight options, times to arrive and check out times provided. Please do not book your flight until your booking is confirmed.
Your booking contract for the Retreat (not including flights or transfers) is with Monte Bay Retreat d.o.o . For each booking made, the confirmation correspondence will be sent to you. You are required to complete and return the disclaimer on this correspondence in order for your booking to be classed as a valid contract. Failure to do so, will result in a risk of the booking being forfeited.
Once you have email confirmation of your booking you have a further 24hrs to cancel your booking and obtain a full refund.
Flights and Transfers
Flights must be booked independently although Monte Bay Retreat representatives will be happy to advise and assist on which airline or Travel agents to use (usually recommended by other client referrals or personal experience). Monte Bay Retreat d.o.o cannot be held liable for providing any referral details of Travel Agents should any problems arise. It is the client’s responsibility to decide on making an informed decision of where to book flights from.
Clients who book transfers independently will need to take full responsibility for their transfers.
If you are currently pregnant, or under medical or psychiatric supervision, you must provide a Doctor’s certificate confirming your fitness to travel and take part. Our retreat is unfortunately not suitable for those with psychiatric or deep emotional issues or those looking for counselling or therapy, as our team are not trained in these areas. Our retreat is not suitable for children or for people with physical disabilities that cannot take care or responsibility for themselves as our team are not trained or experienced to look after people with such conditions. In any case, all health problems should be disclosed when booking (refer to the PARQ forms that need to be completed as compulsory and which will be sent to you at the point of the booking being confirmed). A separate Monte Bay Retreat questionnaire will also be sent which needs to be completed and returned prior to attending the Retreat. This questionnaire will be needed so that Monte Bay representatives have any other necessary details regarding contact details, and to help make your experience with us an enjoyable one.
All information provided on the website and any written and verbal form of correspondence is correct at the time of publication. However, due to mechanical faults, weather conditions, or what insurers call ‘Acts of God’, some activities may be temporarily unavailable. Very occasionally, we may have to vary the advertised programme due to staff sickness or other unforeseen problems, in which case we will always try to provide an equivalent replacement. This may not always be possible. For example, if our Yoga Instructor becomes unwell on day 3 of the retreat, it is likely that it will be too short notice to find another and Yoga may well be cancelled for the whole week. This is extremely rare, but could happen. The same applies to any of the activities. Clearly we will always do our level best to make sure all activities go ahead if possible. We would also like to point out that the Monte Bay retreat team can change at any time and although we will always endeavour to have a suitable replacement there will be no compensation for the change in team member.
Monte Bay retreat will not accept liability for:
- Any of the above events, or others beyond our control.
- Loss of or damage to your personal property.
- Medical or psychiatric conditions developing during or after your holiday.
Check that your holiday insurance policy covers these and other contingencies.